Diamondback Bicycles 2015 Podium Rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars
Diamondback Bicycles 2015 Podium is the latest addition to Diamondbacks line of podium road bikes. It is the best road bike for kids of the current generation. It comes with some upgrades which make it more improved. It has some features which previous versions lacked. It is a bike designed especially for kids and youth. It took diamondback 2 years to research upon and upgrades the podium road bikes. Diamondback was a relatively newcomer back in 2013. But nowadays it is a renowned company who make BMX style bikes and mountain bikes. Their road bikes aren’t far behind. Today we will try to provide you, with an in-depth review of the Diamondback bicycles 2015 podium bike. We will also answer a few frequently asked questions about this bike. So let’s move forward with the review.
People who can use this product:
- For kids aged 9-12
- For kids who want to learn how to ride a bicycle.
Features and Highlights:
✓ 6061 aluminum alloy frame with replaceable derailleur hanger
The frame is made from a lightweight alloy, keeping kids in mind. It also makes the bike more durable.
✓ Junior aero alloy straight blade
The junior aero alloy blades give the bike a speedy look and also make steering it more accurate.
✓ Shimano 8-speed shifters and derailleurs
This feature is specifically made for growing legs and gives riders a wide range of gears to choose from. The speed shifters are well crafted by Shimano.
✓ 24″ wheels
The bike comes with 24 inch which spins faster and smoother than other wheels. This helps your kid to keep up with you.
✓ Crankset with smooth shifting
It has two chain rings in the front like adult sized bikes in the market
✓ Alloy drop bar
The handlebars are made of pure alloy metal. They are drop bars designed in resemblance to professional bikes
- The bike is carefully designed keeping your young ones in mind.
- It has a stiff and durable frame.
- It comes with a very competitive price.
- It has internal cable routing.
- It has vertical compliance.
- The bike joints come with silicon reinforcement, making them robust.
- Forward propulsion of the bike is smooth as butter.
- The white paint job the bike has is eye-catching.
- It has a lightweight frame, making it easy to carry around by children.
- It has drop handlebars like professional bikes.
- It has well-padded seats, for extra comfort.
- It is a simple to assemble the bike.
- It has safety features like mechanical disc plates.
- It has inaccurate gear ratios.
- It has horrible looking head tubes
- The rear tires have no shock absorbers.
- Brake routing for the rear tire is complicated.
- Many people might not prefer its simple white color.
- At sharp corners, the brakes tend to respond less.
- The saddle is a bit too small, making it uncomfortable for some kids.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is it suitable for 12-16-year-olds?
– It is more suitable for 8-10-year-old children. It would be a bit too small for 12-16-year-olds.
Does the 2015 version also have quick release skewers?
– Yes, it has quick release skewers, but only at the front. The rear does not have any quick release skewers.
What is the tires E.R.TO size?
– The bike has 24×1.0 ETRTO 520×17 ALU. The tires are double walled.
What brake style does the bike have?
– The bike has a mechanical brake style.
What is the stand over height of the bike?
– The bike has stand over height of 26.2”.
At what angle should the seat be fixed at?
– The seat should be set at a 90-degree angle, parallel to the ground.
What is the general height guideline for this bike?
– 4 feet 0 inch to 4 feet 2 inches is the general height guideline for this bike.
How wide are the tires?
– The tires have a 1-inch width to them. This enables them to have a better grip.
What type is the bike’s headset?
– The bike has a 1 1/8″ threadless headset.
How many gears does this bike have?
– The bike has a total of 16 gears. There are 8 in the back into 2 upfront.
Does the bike have different sizes?
– No, the bike comes in only one size as it is designed keeping children of 8-10 years in mind.
Can it be used as a mountain bike as well?
– No, it cannot be used as a mountain bike, as it does not have dual suspensions.
Is the bike machine assembled and made?
No, the bike is completely hand-made, which is one of its unique features or plus points.
Can it be used as a race bike?
– Of course, the bike can be used as a race bike. It was made keeping this in mind.
Diamondback Bicycles 2015 Podium 24 is the newest addition to Diamondbacks line of podium road bikes. It is a class apart from its previous versions. It comes with better gear options, a unique design, and a fan favorite white paint job. With this bike, you can rest assured that you will get the highest level of performance and durability. It was designed keeping beginner level bike riders in mind. It is very easy to assemble, unlike other bikes which have complicated assembly instructions. So this was our in-depth review of the Diamondback Bicycles 2015 Podium 24 Complete Youth Road Bike. Hope the review wasn’t biased like other kids road bike reviews? If you are still confused on whether to purchase this bike, we will suggest you check out the Amazon customer reviews. According to reviews, it is the best kid’s road bike available in the market. The bike comes with a pocket-friendly price tag. This bike is must buy for your kids; they will just love its speed and durability.